If you are headed to a music festival anytime soon, you’re probably thinking about how you are going to dress. Fashion is a really fun element of music festivals. For musician Peter Abbonizio, the perfect summer is one filled with festival fun! As a fan of the music festival scene and culture, he shares his top tips for how to dress for a music festival.
- How you dress will depend a lot on what kind of music festival you are going to. Is this a punk-rock festival or is there going to be a more bohemian vibe? Once you figure that out, you can plan your attire accordingly.
- Dress for the weather. The last thing you want to do is be caught in the summer heat with clothes that will not keep you cool. On the flip side, you also don’t want to be caught without a light jacket if it gets cold at night. Layers are key.
- Wear comfortable clothes, especially footwear. You are going to be standing a lot, so make sure your feet around going to hurt because you chose the wrong shoes.
- Get creative with accessories. Wear a fun belt, crazy sunglasses, or eccentric jewelry, the options are limitless!
- Express yourself through makeup. This may be a bit tricky in the summer, as you don’t want to wear anything that will melt off your face in the heat. You can never go wrong with some glitter.
- Don’t wear culturally inappropriate clothing. Music festivals can have a reputation for being rife with cultural appropriation, so just don’t do it.
- Do wear some crazy patterns, sparkle, and fringe. Noticeable outfits may even get you pushed to the front of the crowd, especially if it is being televised.
Leave a Reply