If you’re trying to break into the music industry, it’s essential you keep up with the latest news. With so many incredible music blogs out there, it’s hard to know where to get your information from. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of some of the top music industry blogs to follow as an emerging artist.
Why Follow Music Blogs?
Some independent musicians might think it’s a waste of time to follow music blogs. Why do that when you could be spending time working on your music?
The answer is really simple: it’s all a part of networking.
In the music industry, a lot of the time it’s not about how good your music is. It’s about who you know and who you get your music in front of.
Staying on top of the latest music blogs has a lot of benefits for you as an artist:
- Be on top of the latest trends and news
- Gain an understanding of how the industry works
- Interact with other musicians on these platforms
- Submit your own writing or even music to them to get seen by a larger audience
Even if you’re the lone-wolf type musician, you need to be in the loop.
With that said, let’s get into some of the top music industry blogs to follow:
Top 3 Music Industry Blogs To Follow
- Pitchfork. This is a great go-to place for indie music news, album reviews, and everything you need to know about independent music.
- Music Entrepreneur HQ. This is the spot for beginners to learn how to make it in the industry. You can learn all about digital marketing strategies and what it takes to be successful.
- Hypebot covers all kinds of topics within the music industry, such as the actual business side, technology, DIY music, social media, and more.